Monday, April 19, 2010

Give Something Away on Earth Day!

Have you been promising yourself that you’re going to adopt a more green
lifestyle? Why not start on Earth Day! If you take 1 hour to collect some shoes that hurt your feet, clothes that don’t fit and household goods that are filling your cupboards and garage, and then drop them off at your neighborhood Goodwill, you have made a great start. Any clothing or shoes that we cannot sell, gets send off to Ethiopia, Mexico or Morocco and the usable clothing is sold there while the remaining fabric is recycled to make clothes there.

Eco Chic Tip: Join the Earth Show Festivities at the Plaza Del Sol, 151 E. Washington St. Sunnyvale on April 24, at 1:15 where you can drop off your donation and watch a Free Fashion Show produced by The Art Institute of California ~ Sunnyvale.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that the clothes not used was sent to Ethiopia, that is great! I am a frequent shopper at Goodwill. I mostly shop in San Diego, but when I am in San Jose I do most of my Goodwill shopping. Thanks for all the info!

    ReplyDelete